I have been monitoring the number of students and the length of the bus rides for students this year, and I've asked Transportation to make plans to decrease the number of students and the time students are riding the morning and afternoon buses. We currently have three buses that run routes for the beginning and the end of the day; we are now making plans to add a fourth bus beginning in February.
This will entail some changes for all of us - it is very possible that your child's drop-off or pick-up time and bus route # will be changed; at school, it means we have to get an expanded bus zone ready, and get bus schedules to you. We want to make this a smooth transition, which is why we will not be starting the new routes until at least the first week in February. "Stay tuned" for more specifics in January; I wanted to give you a heads-up.